You need your suppliers on the database to be able to create your product groups and items.
Create the supplier
- Click on accounts located to the left of the screen and you will see all the active accounts you have.
- Use ‘Quick find’ on the right of the screen to ensure that your supplier isn’t already there.
- Click on the ‘New’ button at the top of the screen.
- You are now in a creation screen.
- The account name field has a small red star on it to show that it is a mandatory field.
- Populate the account name and then click save top left.
Add an address to the supplier
- Complete the account information section.
- Complete the address information.
- With the address fully populated you will see a map and you can click for directions.
Add your contacts to the supplier
- Look for the section with Primary contacts.
- In the section that says contacts, click on the 3 dots and select ‘New Contact’.
- You will come to a screen on the right for you to populate with information.
- Again, the red star indicates the field is mandatory.
- You will see that the address has been pulled through from the account record.
- Populate the details you know and click on save and close
For screen shot please refer to your Byte Sized Butcher book.