How Power Automate can gift you back your time
On the 3rd day of Advent, Power Automate gave to me…
More time with my family!
Struggling to catch up on time this holiday season?
Want to know how you could cut down on the repetitive tasks and manual activities?
Power Automate can take your standard work processes and automate them for you with flows, allowing you to spend more time on what matters!
How to create an email flow
Instead of spending your time Christmas morning sending emails to clients, you could create a flow with Power Automate to do this for you. This blog will show you how!
Preparing your data
- The first step when creating a Flow using Power Automate is preparing the data in Excel. Input the names and email IDs of everyone you would like the email flow to go to into separate columns.
- Next, highlight your inputted data and click on ‘Table’.
- Save your file to OneDrive.
Creating the flow
- In Power Automate, click on ‘Create’ to create a new flow.
- Then, select ‘Schedule cloud flow’ to schedule an email to be sent on your desired date (in this case, the 25th of December 2021!).
- A new screen will pop up and you will be able to enter the ‘Flow name’ in the highlighted box.
- Set the date you want the flow to run on.
- Then, click ‘Create’.
- Add a ‘Next Step’.
- Click on ‘Excel Online (Business)’ or ‘Excel Online (OneDrive)’ then select ‘List of rows present in a table’.
- Next, update the file location details and click ‘Next Step’.
- To schedule and email on your pre-designated date, click ‘Office 365 Outlook’ and then ‘send an email (V2)’.
Adding in the recipients
- In the ‘To’ field, select the value from dynamic content by clicking on ‘Add dynamic content’.
- Then, select ‘Email ID’.
- Finally, click ‘Save’ to save the flow.
Micro Office Advent
This is just one example of the sorts of flows and processes you can begin creating using Power Automate. For more tips and tricks like this make sure to take a look at our Micro Office Huddle group where we share free bits of information about all-things technology!
This blog is the third instalment in our Micro Office Advent! Make sure to check back on the page each day for more fun things just like this!
When will the Micro Office Huddle run?
The huddles will run on Tuesdays from 08:30 – 10:00. Join our Facebook group and sign up to join the huddle!