Use Word Dictate for letter writing
On the 20th day of Advent, D365 showed to me…
That letters to Santa can be easy!
Want to try a new and fun way of writing letters to Santa? Microsoft’s ‘Dictate’ feature presents a new and exciting way to use technology! Whether your kids use it to make their wish lists or you use it on the go for last-minute shopping lists, Dictate is a great feature to know about!
What is Dictate?
Microsoft Word has been made more accessible with the inclusion of the ‘dictate’ feature. Spend less time typing with Dictate and instead talk directly to your device. The feature uses speech-to-text to author content across Office applications and all you need to use it is a microphone and a reliable internet connection. It’s a brilliant way to quickly and easily collate notes quickly and efficiently!
Use Dictate to record your wish list
The way to open Dictate can alter slightly depending on the application you are in, but it is always marked by the icon of the microphone. You’re also able to use the shortcut key ‘windows + H’. This will open Dictate and begin recording sound.
- Go to the home bar right hand side of the top there is section called voice.
- From there click the button dictate.
- This will bring up a box at the bottom which will say top the microphone to start.
- Then you tap the button and start talking and the words will start to fill on your screen, You will also see that the bar will say it is listening which means that it is listening to what you are saying and will dictate what you are saying by then transcribing onto the Word document.
- When you are ready to stop press on the microphone again and it will say top to resume.
Micro Office Advent
Dictate is great for taking notes on the go! For more tips and tricks like this make sure to take a look at our Micro Office Huddle group where we share free bits of information about all-things technology!
This blog is the fourteenth in our Micro Office Advent! Make sure to check back on the page each day for more fun things just like this!
When will the Micro Office Huddle run?
The huddles will run on Tuesdays from 08:30 – 10:00. Join our Facebook group and sign up to join the huddle!