It took me a little while to pick an industry for this second instalment of the blog series. I settled on Professional Services as it felt broad enough to encompass a lot of our existing clients and as such would hopefully be relevant to many prospective clients too.
As a Dynamics consultancy we ourselves are offering a professional service too which made it seem like a natural industry to focus on next.
Professional Services industry trends
Digital is disrupting the way professional services businesses engage with customers. It has increased the level of competition, the relevant client engagement channels, customer expectations about response time, quality of service offerings, and degree of personalisation.
in global services revenue to be generated by 2025.1
of respondents cited attracting and developing new business as a top challenge for their organisation.2
of executives state that client expectations are increasing.3
Today, the global professional services industry represents a staggering $3 trillion commercial opportunity. For most businesses, taking advantage of the opportunity has proved challenging.
The time to exceed expectations is now
Digital transformation is not simply about technology—it requires companies to re-envision existing business models and embrace a different way of connecting with their customers. For many organisations, this has proved to be a challenging opportunity to take advantage of. Saddled with antiquated business systems, processes, and inadequate frameworks for managing high performance, services providers struggle to adapt quickly to this new world. It’s an intersection of disruption and transformation.
We believe that moving to a modern CRM and business application platform can help you overcome these challenges and deliver on many of your top priorities:
- Engage clients. Maintain ongoing engagement with clients through all channels, provide the right information at the right time, and deliver services that inspire trust and loyalty.
- Empower employees. Reduce the burden of day-to-day tasks and enable your employees to remain engaged with clients anytime, anywhere.
- Optimise operations. Keep your business processes synchronised, apply insights to customise service delivery, and develop relevant products and services.
How can Dynamics help your professional services business?
Microsoft Dynamics provides the perfect platform to help you boost productivity, gain key insights, streamline sales cycles, and reduce costs.
Deliver personalised engagement
76% of buyers expect a sales rep to build a personal relationship and act as a trusted advisor.4
Optimise operations and empower employees
54% of companies invested in new technology to prepare for 2018.5
Use insight to deliver efficient service
85% of companies delivered a greater variety of services to clients.1
Scenarios for your organisation
Automate routine project tasks and processes
Deliver profitable projects on time and within budget while increasing employee productivity.
Boost productivity and increase revenue
Gain visibility into your team’s performance and evaluate pipeline health with real-time analytic dashboards based on historical and predictive data.
Empower employees to use insights
Enable agents with the right resources, data, and customer insights to streamline service delivery and avoid escalations.
Dynamics 365 brings together Microsoft’s industry-leading CRM and ERP cloud offerings. It unifies customer experience management and enterprise resource management into a single, cloud-based service with specific, purpose-built applications that are designed for key business functions, including sales, customer service, finance, field service, operations, marketing, and project service automation.
The benefits of Dynamics for professional services business are virtually endless. Not only can D365 Life Without Code help you get the most out of Dynamics and ensure that all of the out of the box features are working for you the best they can be, we can also further enhance the Dynamics offering with some fantastic additions to make it even more powerful. Take a look at our Partners page to see what else is possible with the best CRM for the retail industry.
- 2017 State of the Services Economy. Mavenlink and Gigaom. https://go.mavenlink.com/state-of-services-economy-research-report-from-mavenlink-2017
- Lee Frederiksen. “The Top 5 Business Challenges for Accounting & Financial Services Firms.” Hinge Marketing. May 17, 2018. https://hingemarketing.com/blog/story/the-top-5-business-challenges-for-accounting-financial-services-firms
- “Three major trends disrupting the professional services industry.” Consultancy.uk. March 6, 2018. https://www.consultancy.uk/news/16209/three-major-trends-disrupting-the-professional-services-industry
- Empowering the Modern Seller. Microsoft. 2018. https://info.microsoft.com/ww-landing-topo-research-ebook-web.html?LCID=EN-US
- “2018 National Business Trends Survey Shows Continued Business Optimism Tempered by Talent and Pay Challenges.” Employers Association Forum. November 21, 2017. https://eafinc.org/national-business-trends/