Yes PowerPoint is a tool to create presentations but you can also use it to make wrapping paper and cards. Its a great fun tool to get your kids (or you) used to the graphic side of PowerPoint.
I started making cards and paper in PowerPoint after forgetting to pre plan for someone’s birthday. The result was so nice I have repeated the concept.
Here’s a quick guide to how to create your own Easter Cards & Wrapping Paper.
1. Get your Easter Images
- You may have ‘cute’ drawings your kids have done, take a photo of them and then transfer the file to your laptop
- Download some images from the web. If you click here you can read an article on how to obtain images you can use
2. Start a blank PowerPoint Presentation
- Open power point and you will need to amend your ‘Slide Size’ (in 2013 this is in the Design Ribbon)
- I choose customise and then either the A3 or A4 landscape options (depending on the printer)
- Change your slide layout to blank
3. Insert your images
- Go to insert, choose pictures and then select the Easter images you previously transferred / downloaded
- Arrange them around your slide
- When you have an image in PowerPoint single click to select it
- hold down the Control button
- use your left mouse to drag and copy the image
Add Some Word Art
- Go to the insert ribbon and choose word art
- Write your text
- Use the control Drag method to copy this text around the slide
Get some Rotation
- Click on a single image
- Click on the circular arrow
- Move your mouse to rotate
- Repeat this on all pictures and words
Print and Go
You now have a page you can fold into a card or use as wrapping paper
This is just a fun thing to do with PowerPoint but i do also teach standard PowerPoint courses and a 2 day Powerful Presentations Course that includes both PowerPoint skills and presentation delivery techniques.
As an Easter Special I can offer PowerPoint 1 day courses on site for up to 5 people for £250 plus expenses and the Powerful Presentations for £700 for the 2 days plus expenses
These courses must be booked and paid for in April with delivery in either April, May or June
Contact me on email@example.com for further information and don’t forget to follow me on Twitter @CRMDynamicsRock for Tips and Tricks